Friday Five: Fabulous Furniture Features No. 11 | Redo It Yourself Inspirations : Friday Five: Fabulous Furniture Features No. 11

Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Five: Fabulous Furniture Features No. 11





Welcome to




This is where I share my five favorites that I scouted out during the week. 

Ready for some 

Oooohs and aaaahs ? 


  
In no particular order because they are each,  just too splendid,  please enjoy these fabulous works. 




Red Delicious

by Mak & Jill at




Yummy. 


This color certainly cures the red appetite. Paired with mahogany perfectly makes a bold but quite classy statement.  Love the wood grain flowing through the color and how it is brought out with subtle hardware. You can see more delicious pieces at  Mak & Jill








Antique Roll Top Desk Makeover 
by Angie at Knick of Time 





Heartwarming. 


Have you ever seen an antique updated to include such details as this? Angie paid attention to every one of them. Right down to the antique stencilling and printing labels. She chose the perfect drawer pulls and disguised the old damaged areas in a way that the desk remains antique. It looks like it came directly from the general store. Read Angie's post and see so many other lovely pieces at Knick of Time








PINK CHIFFON DREAMS

by Angela at A to Z Custom Creations 





Breathtaking. 


Did you notice that cameo? Or was it the curved doors that grabbed your attention? I keep looking at everything. Those handles. Those feet! How about the silver finishing?  You should see what it looked like before Angela made this into a pink masterpiece at A to Z Custom Creations. It had years of damage. 










No. 105 Antique Navy Blue Chest of Drawers

by Jenni at

Roots and Wings Furniture







Treasure. 


Oh my, such a rich blue and pretty dark stain.  That mirror is my favorite part! Love the knobs used on the swivel frame. And what???? A working skeleton key to boot! This is a treasure. Jenni explains the details at Roots and Wings Furniture where you can see much more. 








French Bench Makeover

by Kim at 





Exquisite. 


I drool every time I see French antique cane. Kim waxed the highlights and layered the finishes with that perfect touch of grey to make this bench seat so French savvy.  I must mention... layers, lots of them. She worked on this a few times and the end result is stunning. Perfected. You can see each of the transformations at Savvy Southern Style where the links are located. 









grab button for Redo It Yourself Inspirations





I'm truly inspired by these fabulous pieces of furniture.





I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. 

If you pin your favorites, make sure you do so from the creator's post, so they can appreciate you in return.  :) 





13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature. Yes many layers on that one. Love the other features, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie @ Knick of TimeDecember 12, 2014 at 9:21 AM

    Thanks so much for including my roll top desk among such other lovely makeovers - I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for the feature, Robin! I'm totally honored to be included with so many jaw dropping makeovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like French antique and have memories of some. I want the red and the key reminds me of growing up where we had these keys to lock our bedroom doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really thought each time you worked on it was quite stunning. When you added the final finish, it's just can't ever get better. Love it, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Angie, this is fantastic desk. I admire all of your work and how you maintain true vintage and antique to each. You make junk beautiful and turn furniture into pieces that stand still in time. It's my honor to share you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome. You have many jaw dropping pieces, Angela. I know I'll be snagging more to share. I have a confession to make: I was going to share you twice this week, but decided any admirers will see you for themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am growing very fond of French furniture and never had the opportunity you did. Maybe my internet drooling will fulfill me of that deprivation. :-D


    I agree with you, I want the red and mahogany too... it is gorgeous. That mirror on the navy blue chest is killing me... I am so in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the feature!! Your blog is absolutely lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a doll! Thanks again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so welcome, Jenni! Did I mention enough how much I love your chest of drawers... that gorgeous mirror and frame and the rich blue? :) Really do love it how you finished off this piece and wish I owned it. Awesome work! I'm honored to share you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous furniture finds! I love the detail on the roll top desk, and the little mirror and navy chest is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angie utilized so many great ideas to keep that desk antique. I love it.
    And I agree, that mirror is stunning! I want it. :)

    ReplyDelete